Skip to main content

New best story on Hacker News: Tell HN: I interviewed my dad before he died

Tell HN: I interviewed my dad before he died
417 by loveudad | 114 comments on Hacker News.
My dad got really sick a few months ago. I was shocked but also panicked about the idea of him dying without me knowing him well. He was a great dad but didn't talk much. Fortunately, he got better for a short time. I seized the opportunity to ask him as much as he could answer and film him. Of course, his memory wasn't perfect but I got the big picture. Now that he passed away, I'm both devastated and glad that I got to know him more and kept a record so I can see his face and listen to his voice for more than the usual family video. I wish I had done it sooner though. I've heard multiple people tell me they don't know their parents' or grandparents' life, or they've heard it but they've eventually forgotten so I thought I'd share. I hope this will help some of you. Thank you blood donors Thank you dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog